Sunday, November 16, 2008

I Kissed a Girl and I Liked It

She's been compared to Zooey Deschanel quite, a few times, so the next StyleIdol is Katy Perry! I think Katy is a bit crazier than Zooey, and is a bit more of a costume dresser. Her super catchy sugary pop song, I Kissed A Girl, has been in my head ever since last week when I decided to pick her. Just like her music, she is all pop, all sugar, and always in full color. I think she tried to channel Lolita in a few of her outfits (which I almost just called costumes, because they kinda seem more like that than outfits), especially the ones having to do with her One of the Boys album.
Those are all so 1940's innocent glamorous, high waisted shorts, and sweetheart necklines.

Her performance and red carpet outfits are a bit less characterized, and a more realistic.
I love the all pink!She almost looks like Dita Von Teese in the pic above. Might just be the lots of cleavage. I love the pink ruffles though!

This is pretty '80's, but I weirdly like it. Not on me, and not on really anyone else but her!

2 comments:

  1. That song's been in and out of my head for weeks! I hadn't really paid much attention to what she looks like, but you're right, she does have style!

    ReplyDelete