Friday, March 20, 2009

Penelope Cruz Style: The Face of Spain

To me, Penelope Cruz represents the female face of Spain. She is so sexy, yet sweet, beautiful and tough, a woman representing contradictions, like the country itself. She's been in the press recently with some high profile things--winning an Oscar for Vicky Cristina Barcelona, and being the face of Mango (my personal favorite Spanish clothing line!).

I loved her last two Oscar dresses, and her 2009 Oscar style was what inspired me for this post. The dresses couldn't be more different in concept--2008 was contemporary, sleek, modern, and 2009 was vintage couture, romantic. But the shape and feeling of her two styles are so similar, and it just makes her look gorgeous in both. It works.

I've loved Cruz's last few movies, specifically Vicky Cristina Barcelona and Volver. Both very Spanish, both portraying beautiful, strong, slightly crazy Spanish women. She just oozes sexiness in Vicky Cristina Barcelona, tousled hair, cigarette, I don't give a damn look.Then, in addition to her great acting and stunning movies, she looks just as stunning in her Mango ads. She is super cute, less rough, but as always gorgeous. Does she ever have a bad hair day? Or just not look good?

I wanted to be Chuck in Pushing Daisies. Maybe now I just want to be Penelope!

No comments:

Post a Comment